Tuesday 27 October 2015

Floral Blue Birthday Card

I was asked to make a 70th birthday card recently and this is what I came up with. I had been seeing some lovely cards online that stuck mainly to one colour but used many different patterns and textures and they inspired me to do the same.



I just happened to have two pieces of blue patterned paper on top of my stash, one a simple polka dot pattern and one with a more intricate design on textured paper. So using two shades of plain blue card, layered with white with the patterned paper on top I was able to work out my arrangement for the card. Layering like this meant my card took shape pretty quickly, which was fantastic.

I was asked to use my digi 'Penny' (www.etsy.com/uk/listing/223620893/penny) as the Birthday lady liked dancing and sewing dresses so it was a perfect fit. I coloured her with Promarkers, adding a little extra shading with some Prismacolor pencils. As a final touch I added a polkadot pattern to her dress with my white Sakura Gellyroll 08.

Then it was just a case of sticking everything down and bringing the card together by adding flowers, beads, lace and ribbon as well as a cute blue button. And that was it! I really did enjoy making this card and using only one colour but jazzing it up with pattern and texture looks really good.

Thank you for reading, till next time good bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment